Thursday, May 5, 2011

Week 11- Stress Eating and Shopping in the Misses Dept. FINALLY!

Weight 229.2

Yes!  Finally in the 220's!  I had a revelation over the weekend... I found an old pair of  NY and Company jeans I purchased in 2004 and only got to wear once.  I dried them - and they shrunk!  Guess what - they fit now  (and look really good I might add!)  I also found a bag of shorts I purchased from NY and Company as well.  They never did fit.... I can zip them now... but there is a bit of a muffin top.... I'll just need to give it a few weeks and they should be fine.

Other realizations - I had a stressful weekend at work trying to make sales plan for the quarter.  I realized that I was in denial before about being an emotional eater.  I had a protein shake for breakfast, tilapia with broccoli and quinoa for lunch... then when we stopped making sales plan.... I found myself with cheetos and M&M's in my hand.  I felt sick (from eating too much) and mentally sick - that I let this get to me.  The major difference is that I only backslid that afternoon.  In the past - the entire week would have been shot to hell.

I gathered with my friends last night in memory of a dear friend of mine that was killed 2 years ago.  It's important to recognize the fact that I made it through the night with no tears, no alcohol and only 5 grilled shrimp.  That is quite the contrast from 2 years ago - I was on my way losing weight (had lost 30 lbs at that point) when I learned of his death.  I ended up in the hospital the next day due to dehydration... lost about 10 lbs in 2 days due to that..... then the comfort eating started.  I gained 45 lbs in just a matter of months.

It's interesting - the friend who passed was really into helping me lose weight... he would be so proud of me now.  :)

Thanks for everyone for reading... feel free to comment.

Next week is picture week for Week 12 :)

Danielle

1 comment: