Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Weeks 5 & 6 Post Op Update

Sorry - I've become bad... I've missed a post.

That could be because I was depressed... I barely lost a pound in week 5.  I'm not sure what happened.... I know my external exercise was down - but I walk a lot at work.... averaging 9,000 to 10,000 steps a day.  On work days... I just don't feel like walking when I get home.

Then I started looking at my diet.... still not enough calories!  So I started making a serious effort in week 6 to make sure I get in a minimum of 700-800 calories a day.

Can you say BINGO!!  That worked!  I am now 246.6 lbs :)

I have been dropping at least a half pound a day!  I dropped a whole pound the other day.  And today (yes I was bad and weighed myself twice.... I dropped a pound by mid-morning - 4 hours AFTER breakfast... but I used my first morning weigh in weight for the posting.)

I am fitting very comfortably in XL t-shirts.  I can even wear some large t-shirts.  Track pants/yoga pants that used to be very tight on me... are now fitting pretty loose.

I took the tags off 2 pair of jeans I bought in 2009 thinking I would fit into them soon.... (last weight loss attempt) and I never did.  I have been rocking those jeans every weekend now!!  I am starting to feel more confident about myself.  It really feels good :)

I'm still struggling with remembering all of my vitamins.... SIGH.  I will eventually get it down.

Shopping for food has become an interesting challenge/more fun. I'm reading labels, learning what is good for me, and saving a chunk of change by not going through the drive through at least two times a day.

I booked my first cruise for Labor Day Weekend.  It's going to be a 7 day cruise.  My first real vacation in a nearly 2 decades.  (Real meaning over 4 days - and excluding sharing a hotel room with my Parents.)  All of my friends comment on all of the food on the cruise... I'm not worried... I'm not controlled by food anymore.  It's just fuel to get me going for the next few hours.  Sure - I may treat myself to a little "bad treat" like 1 fun-bite chocolate bar - but I'm not eating 2 or 3 whole candy bars in one sitting anymore.

I can honestly say - I'm looking forward to being in a swimsuit in public :)  I NEVER thought I would say that!!

Until next time...

3 comments:

  1. I am 3 days post op. Thanks being an inspiration! I hope to go on a cruise a year from now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I have been striving to walk 10,000 steps a day. It's not easy, if you walk that much on your job I don't think you need to walk more at night! You're doing great, I love reading this blog. I'm considering a sleeve.

    ReplyDelete