Wednesday, February 16, 2011

1 Week Post Op Visit

So on Monday, Feb 14th I went for my one week post op visit with my surgeon.  (actually 6 days... but whatever!) Weight loss update - 8lbs down since surgery and 21 lbs down from liquid diet. :)

Blood pressure was 138/80 before surgery... sometimes soaring to 154/95.  One week post op (drumroll please) 124/70   Can you believe it!!

He said that everything went well and my incisions are healing just fine.  In one year they should be very faded... as long as I keep them out of the sun.

We discussed the possibility of loose skin in the future.... he said since I had a bmi over 40... I would probably have some loose skin.  But since I was young (35) it may not be that bad since my skin still had elasticity to it.

I plan on starting to incorporate weight training as soon as I am cleared for it.  I noticed that a lot of people with the skin issues mostly did cardio and some resistance training.  I'll let you know how that plan works out for me.

I've moved on to pureed foods.  I started finding a few frozen dinners I like and shoving them in the food processor.  They all look like refried beans when they are done... but taste pretty good. :)

Meanwhile - I overcame a huge hurdle.  I was hanging out with a guy I was dating all day... and he LOVES to eat... and is thin with a crazy high metabolism.  We had breakfast (I ate a soft scrambled egg... ok only 3/4 of it) while he ate a full breakfast.  It really didn't bother me.  For lunch - we went to a Mediterranean buffet (I'm starting to think he isn't the most supportive person here.) There I had a few tablespoons of hummus.  He was hungry about 6pm... so he wanted to stop at Subway.  He got a salad there.  I got a yogurt (ate about half of that too.)

Strangely enough - I wasn't craving anything.  At first - I was angry with him for not supporting me.  Now I'm glad that he challenged me...because I know I can make smart choices even at this early step in the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment