Sunday, February 13, 2011

I'm Home....still not alone

Just a quick post... I've been home a few days now and I am going stir crazy.  I'm not cleared to drive until Monday when I have my 1 week post op with the surgeon.  In the mean time... I'm trying to keep my sanity with my parents here.  I'm just starting to notice how fixated they are with food all the time.

I'm not really eating that much (no surprise there.) I eat about a half a can of cream of chicken soup and one protein shake a day with some water.  I'm still struggling to get in my minimum amount of water.  It's getting a bit better day by day.

By the way... today was the day I finally decided to start my blog... so that's why there are so many posts for today -all the way to the beginning of my journey.

I will try to blog on a weekly basis so I can keep myself honest and on track - and help anyone else out there who may be thinking of the same surgery that I had.

2 comments:

  1. My dad will be staying here with us from out of town for the first couple of weeks after surgery and he is ALWAYS thinking about food! how do you deal with it? how did it make u feel?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sent my parents out to eat... and I stayed home. It really wasn't that bad - I'm not craving anything!

    My mom even brought home mini brownies and king cake... I didn't even try to lick the icing!! :)

    I know it sounds weird Katie - but it's really not as bad as you think. Try to find another activity to do with him to replace the food activity. Play a game (board/card/video...etc.) go for a walk together and just talk.... find a good tv show to watch and discuss (My dad and I watched the grammy's.)

    Good luck Katie and let me know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete