Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Week 2 Post Op Update - Ups, Downs and Medical Scares

Wow!  So much has happened in the past week!

Lets start first with a weight update:  256.8 lbs.  That is 28.2 lbs gone so far! :)  I also started a photo journey to tell you a little bit about myself and my struggles with weight loss.

Food:  I never thought I would like pureed foods as much as I do.  I also never thought it would be this hard to get in the required protein and water.  It's honestly a struggle.  I have to remind myself to eat and drink.... and I still have to get one day perfect with all of the meds.  I hope it will happen soon.... I'm always missing at least a dose of something.  If I am in a rush - I just pick up baby food and eat half a jar.  At home, I've made tuna mousse (yummy!), and put grilled chicken and black beans in the food processor... DOUBLE YUMMY! I still need to master the bite sizes.  I got a bit overzealous and took too big of a bite... GOOD GRIEF that hurt!

Next - exercise:  I started by playing games on my Wii.  Then I ventured out to the track behind my house (no excuse not to use it) and walked a lap (.33 miles).  By Sunday - I walked 4 laps.  Last night (Monday), I walked 5 laps!!!  That's just shy of 2 miles!  I can't believe I am doing this... and it felt really good!  Props to Lady Gaga, Ke$ha, and Rihanna for getting me through it!.

So, I find myself starting to feel good about myself again.  I am wearing T-shirts that I stopped wearing because they were too tight.  I notice my pants/shorts size has gone down by a size already... so all is well. (Or so I thought.)  I went to the doctor for my annual well-woman exam.  I was happy to see a very normal 124/65 as my blood pressure reading.  Later during the exam portion - my doc found 3 lumps in my right breast.  She is concerned and so am I.  I am adopted - so I really don't have any medical history.... so the next week will consist of diagnostic tests to find out what these lumps are and what the hell they are doing in me.

I'm taking this as a learning moment.  Just one month ago if this would have happened - I would have drowned myself in the nearest cheeseburger or chicken nugget combo.... or hit the chinese food buffet.  Last night I walked nearly two miles instead.  It's amazing how far I've come in such a short time!

I'm beginning to love myself again!

2 comments:

  1. Whats super cool is you will be able to go bnack over this, like a baby book:) and see your milestones. You're doing great

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of you, you're doing excellent, and awesome journal you have made. Your journals have inspired me.

    ReplyDelete