Saturday, February 12, 2011

Liquid Diet

OK...so everyone who has this surgery has to go on a 2 week liquid diet.  I started mine a day late and took a 3 day weekend since I work in retail and didn't want to kill anyone :)

It was actually a bit easier that what I thought it would be.  I guess because I knew I had an end date in sight - and because it would help me have a safer surgery (since the diet helps to shrink your liver.)

I dropped 13lbs really quickly.  I went for my meeting 1 week before surgery with Dr. Primomo (my surgeon at The Davis Clinic)  and they seemed pleased with my progress.  Sometime after the first week I called the nutritionist to make a few adjustments because the shakes were too sweet for me ( I never really craved sweet foods) so she started letting me have 2 shakes a day and one serving of chicken soup and one 3oz portion of chicken/turkey or white fish.

I really think that helped me keep my sanity! But - I will tell you - the weight loss really slowed down that second week.  It could have been a hormonal change that was coming ;)

I did manage to cheat only twice.  Once on day 3... and once on the second to last day... A Popeye's chicken breast was calling my name! (It could also be that I worked late that night and ran out of shake powder.)

Note to self:  Always be prepared!

No comments:

Post a Comment