Saturday, February 26, 2011

More Progress & learning what I don't like

Hi everyone!

It's an exciting day for me... it's almost 30 days since I started my liquid diet.  My neighbors & friends tell me they see a difference in me.  (I'm not back at work yet... so the co-workers haven't seen me yet.)  I didn't see the difference - so I decided to take an update photo.

Oh my!  I can see a difference!  The photos are posted on  my progress page :)

It's very exciting!  I encourage anyone who is going through this weight loss process - document yourself each month... it's really a great boost!

Next victory - the scale....

I'm at my lowest weight since June 2009.  It's very exciting.  Especially since it took me 4 months to lose the weight the last time - and this time it happened in 30 days.

In 5 more pounds - I will be my lowest weight watchers weight since August 2007.... and that time it took me 8 months to reach that weight.  I'm loving all of these small victories.

Food progress:  I'm starting to transition to soft foods about 2 days early.  The pureed foods just don't keep me satisfied for long.  I went out to the hockey game last night... In the past that would have been a supreme nacho, hot dog and margarita night.

This time - it was a bottle of water on the drive over and a grilled chicken pita by the second intermission.  Now don't get all excited... the grilled chicken was about mush... and I ate only the chicken and a bite of the cheese with a fork..(ok... only 4 bites of chicken).  But it tasted really good and filled me up.  I took the rest of it home.

A few hours later - I was prepping my meals for the next day... and I saw the pita still in there.... so I did it.... I took a piece of the whole wheat pita... and chewed it... and chewed it... and savored it.... and swallowed.  After all - I LOVED carbs before the sleeve.

But then it happened.... it hit my stomach... and it felt like a rock.  It was very uncomfortable... my mouth started watering and I high-tailed it to the bathroom and promptly vomited.  That sucked!

Strangely enough - after that happened.... just the thought of eating bread disgusted me....  AMAZING!

Anyways... there are my musings for the day.

Hope you have a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment